Saturday, December 5, 2009

Why do my zits always leave blemishes? How can I prevent getting blemishes after a zit?

Whenever I clear up a pimple it leaves a dark blemish on my skin. How can I prevent this from happening?





I take vitamin E and A pills, and i use lotion on my skinWhy do my zits always leave blemishes? How can I prevent getting blemishes after a zit?
You need to exfoliate! I don't know the scientific explanation for why my face has dark spots left-over from break-outs (dead skin cells?) but I do know that if I exfoliate with a wash cloth every-day and use the right products the dark spots diminish in size and color.


Use products with salicylic acid and if your skin can handle it, AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) creams but you should limit AHA to specific spots because it is very drying. AHA contains glycolic and lactic acids they stimulate cell regeneration by burning off, or lightly removing, the top layer of skin cells. AHA is also used in wrinkle prevention creams.


Make sure to wear sunblock after using AHA creams because your skin will be very sensitive to light (you are, after-all exposing fresh, new skin cells)


I hope this helps! Why do my zits always leave blemishes? How can I prevent getting blemishes after a zit?
Try using a retinoid as part of the treatment process. These cause the skin to renew itself more quickly. I have been using Retin A micro (Rx) and I find that I usually don't scar anymore when I have a breakout.





If you want to try a lower strength over the counter retinol instead, you can try Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Nightly Renewal Cream or RoC Anti-Wrinkle Treatment.









okay: i drink a LOT of water to prevent getting zits in the first place (it really helps) and clean%26amp;clear facewash every night or morning+night totally helps. and moisturize with GOOD lotion INTENDED FOR YOUR FACE, like neutrogena. =) your skin'll be amazing.
Some people just have extremely sensitive skin, especially if it's pale like me. Just make sure you aren't picking at them AT ALL and they usually fade pretty fast unless they're really deep.
Please try witchhazel, since I found it a better way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
small business loans