Friday, December 11, 2009

How can I cover up my blemishes without getting foundation all over the place?

I am 31 and have only worn eye make-up and lipstick. Recently, I had an allergic reaction which caused my face to break out. I bought and used some concealer and foundation, but I spent the day trying not to get it on my clothes, hands, other people's clothes. It actually was more stressful worrying about the foundation that it was having acne. Is all foundation like this or should I be looking for a specific kind of cover up.How can I cover up my blemishes without getting foundation all over the place?
You want to look for a concealer that is oil free! Oils tend to stay wetter while 'no oil' foundations adhere to the skin better. ALSO, find a moisturizer that is for sensitive/irritated skin and apply just a small amount under your makeup always! I would use the concealer on the problem areas first and then very little if not any oil free foundation everywhere else. Reapply concealer last if needed. A good coverage powder also oil free or labeled for oily skin, would be even better than a foundation. At night time wash that all off wear a moisturizer for sensitive skin/fragrance free,


Another recommendation if your having a hard time battling the allergic reaction, would be to go to a local salon or skin care center that is reputable for thier facials, and ask for samples of their skin care line for sensitive skin. Samples might clear it up! Or get a facial with the esthetician and get on a good skin care regimen!How can I cover up my blemishes without getting foundation all over the place?
Nope, that is not normal.





First of all, if your foundation is so runny that you have to worry about it all day long, you need a better-quality foundation. I wear Clinique and I love it.





Second, are you wearing too much of it? Yes, it can leave a mark on your clothes when you're pulling a shirt on and off, but if you casually touch your face, it shouldn't be coming off in your hand. A good way to get the right amount on your skin is to use a small makeup sponge (they look like little wedges) to apply your foundation. Just dab it on and blend.





Third, you need to ';set'; your foundation and concealer with powder. After you put on the base makeup, dip a fluffy brush into a little bit of loose powder (buy the color that matches your foundation) and dust it all over your face. This will give your foundation a little more staying power.
For my complexion I use a green concealer stick (there is yellow and other colours available) just on the spots and then brush my entire face with a ';transparent'; powder. Try to put the powder on before you get dressed. Hope it helps.
Using Foundation is something for that ';all over'; the face and blending into the jaw line.


What you need is a concealer specific for spots or areas on the face.'


ie...


Murad


VIEW ALL PRODUCTS BY Murad


Acne Treatment Concealer


What it is:


A concealer that clears and prevents blemishes and skin breakouts.





What it is formulated to do:


Murad Acne Treatment Concealer has the dual benefit of treating blemishes with acne-fighting medication and concealing them with an oil-free tinted formula. It provides long-lasting coverage and leaves skin with a flawless finish.





Size: 0.09 oz $20.00


Testimonials


minniejack (more by me) (more by me)





location Wheeling, WV


Skin Type Combination


Skin Tone Light


Beauty Insider Yes


Age 13-17





Overall Rating 5 of 5 (5 out of 5 )


Convenient - 12.09.08


Quick Take: tinted acne





Convenient and perfect for a young teen boy or girl who wants the convenience of a quick cover-up while at school withouth a messy cream.


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Share with friends MySpace Facebook Digg DelIcioUs


Nickiboo (more by me) (more by me)





location Franklin Square, NY


Skin Type Combination


Skin Tone Light


Beauty Insider Yes


Age 18-24





Overall Rating 5 of 5 (5 out of 5 )


Great coverage, super blendable - 12.08.08


Quick Take: great coverage, blendable





I love this concealer... it is super-blendable and covers well. It melts under your fingertips and into your skin so that you can't see traces of it. Sometimes I skip foundation and just cover a few spots with this product alone. To be honest, I can't see a significant difference in the sizes or quantity of my blemishes, so I can't say it's improved my skin much... but at least it isn't breaking me out at all. Overall, I would definitely recommend this concealer... doesn't clog my pores, and blends to cover beautifully.


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Share with friends MySpace Facebook Digg DelIcioUs


user46437476 (more by me) (more by me)








Overall Rating 5 of 5 (5 out of 5 )


- 12.06.08


Quick Take: smooth and blending





%26lt;3 this product.


cleared up my acne


:)


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Share with friends MySpace Facebook Digg DelIcioUs


itram (more by me) (more by me)





location 37774


Skin Type Combination


Skin Tone Light


Beauty Insider Yes


Age 45-54





Overall Rating 5 of 5 (5 out of 5 )


Great! - 12.04.08


Quick Take: gret coverage





Fabulous! How have I lived without it!!


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Share with friends MySpace Facebook Digg DelIcioUs


MissMermaid (more by me) (more by me)





location Madison, WI


Skin Type Combination


Skin Tone Light


Beauty Insider Yes


Age 25-34





Overall Rating 4 of 5 (4 out of 5 )


Long Lasting - 11.24.08


Quick Take: long lasting, good coverage





I like this product because it goes on creamy and is long lasting. I get best results when I apply it with a concealer brush and then set it with powder. I am currently using other Murad products, so I am not sure the concealer is responsible for helping to clear up my skin or if it is the rest of the system. Overall, it is nice because it doesn't make my breakouts worse and stays put!


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Share with friends MySpace Facebook Digg DelIcioUs


Elizaunder (more by me) (more by me)





location la grange, ky


Skin Type Combination


Skin Tone Light


Beauty Insider Yes


Age 35-44





Overall Rating 4 of 5 (4 out of 5 )


Acne sticK - 11.24.08


Quick Take: mattifying, light-weight





This product looked like it was going to be heavy to wear, but it's not. It has great coverage and a light feel.


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Share with friends MySpace Facebook Digg DelIcioUs


Pulliam (more by me) (more by me)





location Dallas, TX


Skin Type Oily


Skin Tone Fair


Beauty Insider Yes


Age 18-24





Overall Rating 5 of 5 (5 out of 5 )


Actually works! - 11.23.08


Quick Take: helps get rid of pimples





this conceler doesnt have just great coverage, it actually helps get rid of pimples! i really recomend this concealer to people with oily skin because it stays on all day and doesny wear off with all the oil on my face.


1 of 1 people found this review helpful.


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


1 of 1 people found this review helpful.


Was this review helpful? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)


Share with friends MySpace Facebook Digg DelIcioUs


LWZ1 (more

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
small business loans